Aims, Objectives and Purposes of the Trust
The main aim of the trust is to support community-based education, especially for girls, in remote regions of Pakistan. The following are the objectives and purposes of the trust to achieve this main aim.
- Establish, manage, maintain, own, administer, franchise, promote and subsidize educational institutions, schools, colleges, institutions for study and research, contrast of learning, reading rooms and other institutions for basic education, adult literacy, advanced studies and other educational forum with the permission of the relevant competent authority.
- Provide scholarships to students and grant financial aid including supply of books, stipends, meddles, prizes, grants, awards, medicines, educational-career support, bursaries and other incentives for purposes advancement of knowledge, education and literacy.
- Establish, manage, maintain, own, administer, franchise and run aid programs providing relief and help to the needy, the poor and the destitute and undertake charitable and philanthropic activities for the benefit of the public at large end towards elevations of poverty and human suffering.
- Hire and train local teachers through training workshops and ensure job placement of such teachers.
- Serve as the main endowment fund of all institutions established, managed, maintained, owned and administered by the trust and provide a common investment vehicle for all such institutions that will generate a stable and continuously growing income stream from the trust’s endowments contributing to the permanent capital and operating income / operating budget revenue of all such institutions.
- Serve as the main conduit for grants, bequests, gifts, donations, endowments and other contributions to and for the beneficiaries.
- Organize and manage all the above-mentioned grants, bequests, gifts, donations, endowments and other contributions and investments according to their designated purposes and as per any appropriate restrictions inline with the investment policy.
- Facilitate giving to the trust by creating a menu of funds focusing on particular purposes such as:
a. Professorships, teaching and lectureships;
b. Scholarships, fellowships and prizes;
c. Maintenance of infrastructure;
e. Miscellaneous specific purposes;
f. Specific units, faculties, schools and centers.
- Create a board network of local and international financial support and raise funds for the sustainable development of the trust’s programs and projects.
- Plan and organize fund raising, campaigns and to raise awareness among potential donors and civil society at large about the trust programs, activities, events, achievements, growth and vision for the future.
- Act as the recipient and fiduciary manager of funds provided by CAET for all CAET supported projects in Pakistan in accordance with CAET directions in this regard from time to time.
- Act as the primary representative of CAET before the Government of Pakistan in respect of all CAET projects in Pakistan.
- Provide project management resources to CAET including but not limited to financial management and procurement resources.
- Promotion and dissemination of knowledge and learning and to provide for quality teaching, training and research in the pursuit of education and learning;
- Generally to take all Necessary steps towards achieving the vision, mission, purposes and strategic thrusts of the trust.